Day 9

I met my niece this weekend. She is three and a half days old and she is absolutely amazing. As I was talking to my sister, she asked me if we ate dinner at the table and I said we were trying to more and ate as a family every night since our vacation. She laughed, and said, "oh, seven whole days?" I laughed with her. In my head I was thinking....it has only been seven days since I had my last drink. It has gone by so incredibly slow. There has been many, many positives and some challenges. I am very proud of myself for a few reasons. Here are three big ones: *Fourth of July was this week, meaning I didn't work that day. Normally, that would mean I would definitely have drinks the day before. And of course have some on the 4th, too. Because you know...it's a holiday;). *I drove to Nashville myself with two of my kids. At the end of a long work week, in very bad weather. And when I arrived, I did not have anything to drink. And my sister had bought a small Bota box of my favorite wine. And it was Friday night. *I went to a Beer Garden for lunch with the family. And drank a Diet Coke. Smaller, but other significants: * I have woken up every morning with a clear head, every day! * I have not made crappy late night food choices, or wrote stupid things on Facebook, or spent money on alcohol. * I played badminton in my front yard with the family, cold sober. * I have exercised (walking) everyday. Challenges. I have thought about drinking alot, alot, alot. I keep thinking of events, milestones, trips that I will take and will not drink and that makes me sad. And then I feel silly about being sad about alcohol. I pay attention to whatever anyone is drinking. I go between, "yes, I have a drinking problem and need to quit," and maybe I just need a break for awhile. I get sad looking at all of our cute wine glasses. Anyway, enough. Just can't believe how slow it has gone. But proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spreading Change

Back