Spreading Change

So far, I'm greatly enjoying the change of not drinking. While is is difficult to break this habit, that's all is ..... a habit. A bad habit. So while social situations may be tough, I may get depressed about never enjoying some wine or cocktails, and if I have to find healthy ways to deal with stress, grief, anger, happiness....then so be it. It is all worth it. My life is worth it. And my CHILDREN are worth it. So, this change is good. Changes at my work, which is a HUGE chunk of my life, are rapidly occurring. They are necessary changes, but big changes. While I understand the need for change and embrace it, I am also in the position to be a leader to those who are very uncertain and sometimes resistant to change. And this is so, so, tough. I just want them to trust me and my supervisors. I know that can't happen automatically. While I focus on my own physical and mental health in the upcoming days, I also dedicate myself to exploring how to be a leader during change and/or crisis mode. And I will not reach for the wine while doing this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back

Day 9